What is DHI Hair Transplant?
In DHI hair transplant method the collected hair is directly planted in the area. The tools called “DHI pens” are used in this method which does not require to open canals beforehand. After the hair is put inside these pens, they are implanted directly in the area. By this, because the canals are opened exactly the size of the graft, there are less transplantation marks and bleeding.
FEATURES OF DHI HAIR TRANSPLANTAION
- The pen nibs who are specific to the patient and only have one use are utilized.
- The DHI Hair Transplant can be performed with a better management of the depth, density and sides.
- The operation is realized with much less pain and bleeding.
- With 88%, we have a higher success rate than of ISHRS’.
- The operations are only performed by the specialized hair surgeons.
- Thanks to suitable genetics and insensitivity of DHI, transplanted roots stay forever.
DHI HAIR TRANSPLANT STAGES
Collection: In this stage, with a specific tool called “micro motor”, the hairs who are smaller than 1 diameter are removed from the scalp and collected. There will not be any scars or cuts and the collected hairs are immediately suitable for transplantation.
Arrangement: The hairs are carefully put in the pens which contain suitable canals for the height of the hair strand.
Plantation: The hairs inside the pens are stuck in directly in the hairless area, thus the canals are opened and the hairs are planted at the same time. The hair is transferred easily, suitably for the angle and the depth in the area. They will stay forever and never be lost post transplantation.
Free One Hour Consultation for all Patients
Please fill oır free Consultation form, Our managers will call yourin 3 Days Hair Transplant
DHI uses single-use disposable punches and needles for every session. Strict protocols are applied to all processes and at all levels to guarantee %100 safety.
For the extraction and the placement tiny disposable instruments are used with a diameter of 1mm or less.
Full control the depth, the direction and the angle of placement ansurer a %100 natural..
Maximum Viability Guaranteed
Grafts viability rate is above %90, while the industry’s average is about %50, as per DHI studies.
Who Are The Good Candidates For DHI Hair Transplantation Technique?
The patient group below are the most appropriate candidates for Direct Hair Implantation – DHI Hair Transplant.
1) Patients in need of front line transplantation
2) Eye-brow transplantation
3) Beard and moustache transplantation
4) Patients who don’t prefer shaving
5) Patients who want to have thicker and high density in their receding and balding area (if the donor area allows and if the recipient area is not large).
DHI Hair Transplant Versus FUE Hair Transplantation
1) DHI uses the special Implanter (Pen) to precisely control the angle, depth and direction of the implanted follicle. This creates a totally natural hairline and natural look.
2) In DHI technique, the extracted grafts are directly implanted into the recipient area, whereas in FUE technique, extracted grafts are kept in a special solution, canals are opened in recipient area and then extracted grafts are implanted to the opened canals.
There is no extra step of opening canals in DHI.
3) There is no bleeding in DHI since the implantation is performed with the special Implanter without opening canals.
4) There is no crusting, pitting or postulation in DHI.
5) It is possible to implant 45-60 grafts per cm2 in FUE, however, it is possible to implant 80-90 grafts per cm2 in DHI without affecting the scalp blood supply. That means the possible maximum density can be achieved with DHI. For example, in a given receding area in the front line, if the maximum hair transplantation can be achieved with FUE is 1,000 grafts; it could be 2,000 grafts for the same area with DHI technique.
6) The maximum number of grafts in one session with DHI can be around 2,000 grafts, whereas in FUE it can be up to 5,000 grafts. So the patients who need over 3,000 grafts shall accept more than one session with DHI, we can do Mega-DHI up to 5000 grafts in 1 day with 2 doctors.
7) Giving angle and direction is much easier and more successful in DHI with the special Implanter (Pen).
8) There is no need for shaving in DHI, only the donor area is trimmed. In FUE, the whole scalp should be shaved before the procedure.
9) The patient that had DHI technique can go back to their normal routine much quicker than the patient that had FUE Hair Transplantation.
10) The recovery is faster in DHI.
Will I have to shave my head before treatment?
No. We will trim your hair short in the donor area for you. In fact, we ask that you don’t shave your head in the 10 days prior to the procedure.
How long will I need before going back to work?
In many cases, you will be able to return to work even the following day, provided you are able to maintain your post-operative routine. Many of our clients choose to take the following week off.
How long will it take to see results?
You will start noticing improvement within 3-4 months, but the complete results take up to a year.
Is hair transplantation safe? Are there any side effects?
Hair transplantation is absolutely safe and has no major side effects.
Is the DHI procedure suitable for women too?
Can you still perform DHI if I have lost a lot of hair already?
If there is not enough hair for donor extraction, we can sometimes use facial and body hair. There may be other treatment options available. It is best to come in for a consultation to discuss your options in detail.
How long do I have to wait before I exercise?
You can return to cardio and swimming 2 weeks after your procedure, but wait a month before resuming intense exercise (e.g weights)
Will I still have to take medication?
The implanted hair will keep cycling through its normal phases of growth and regeneration, so there is no need to take long-term medication. However, we do recommend application of Minoxidil and/or Finasteride to prevent thinning or hair loss of existing hair.
How much does it cost?
Each patient is individual, with individual requirements, so we prefer not to provide a quote or an estimate without having performed an examination and provided an accurate diagnosis. DHI can be 20% more expensive than FUE, but has a consistent hair survival rate of 90%, no matter which of our clinics you attend. FUE has a success rate of between 50-90% and is dependent on the skill and experience of the surgeon you choose.
Is it safe?
All surgery carries some risks or potential for complications, such as infection, excessive bleeding, poor wound healing or scarring. These risks can be minimised if you are in good general health, with no pre-existing medical conditions and you follow your surgeon’s pre- and post-operative instructions. The DHI method is low risk, painless, leaves no scars and provides a permanent solution to hair loss.
Procedure: Taking individual hair grafts from the back or the sides of the head and transplant
into to balding parts (recipient area).
Duration: 6 to 8 hours
Stay: 2 nights hotel (3 days)
Anesthesia: Local anesthesia
Shaving: Yes (3 months after with scissors)
Recovery: 3 to 5 days to return to work
PRP Treatment: Yes (to stimulate hair growth and fasten the healing process)
What to bring: Comfortable clothes (sweatshirts, button-down or zipped shirt etc.)
Side Effect: No
Exercise: After 3 to 4 weeks
Hair Wash: After 15 days
Pain: None to slight
Results: Permanent (with 95% success rate)
Multiple surgeries: Beard transplant, liposuction, rhinoplasty, dentistry