Rhinoplasty or nose shaping surgery is a procedure that changes the symmetry, shape and size of a person’s nose. With this procedure, his/her nose becomes compatible with the rest of the face. Rhinoplasty, although seen as an aesthetic procedure, also provides effective results in resolving nasal breathing problems.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Op. Dr. Akın
Dr. Akın, a dedicated and exceptionally experienced ENT Specialist, completed his higher education at Marmara University, Throughout his years of higher education, Dr. Akın participated in a diversity of workshops and training courses throughout many cities in Turkey.
For Whom: People who want to change their nose for aesthetic reasons & Those whose nose is broken as a result of an accident or an external impact & Those whose nose is disproportionate to their face shape & Women and men who do not have any health problems & Those who keep their expectations at realistic level
Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
1 night at hospital, 6 nights at the hotel
Return to Work:
Potential Risks and Side Effects:
Scar, Nerve damage, Nose bleeding, Numbness, Swelling
As COSMETICIUM clinic, we provide FREE consultation to our patients regardless of which cosmetic procedure they choose. These consultations help to manage a healthier treatment process for both parties.
Face-to-Face Consultation: You can visit our clinic in Istanbul, you can have our coffee and get professional information about the health service you need from our specialist doctors.
Video Call: Video call option is available for patients who do not have the chance to visit our clinic at first. Our medical specialist will inform you about the necessary details.
Phone Call: You can contact us via the phone numbers given on the contact form. The people in our advisory team will inform you about the procedure you need.
WhatsApp / E-mail: Please feel free to send us your medical photos to get more precise information about the procedure you need.
* Although the types of consultations other than face-to-face interviews are useful for getting some ideas and details about the procedure, we may need medical images to determine the best suggestion. Applying the right treatment is our first priority as COSMETICIUM clinic.
ITINERARY & TRAVEL DIARY
- Arrival at Istanbul Airport
- Our team will meet you at the airport
- Transfer to the hotel for rest
- Transfer from hotel to clinic
- Getting prepared for surgery
- Required medical tests and final evaluation before surgery
- Start of surgery
- Spending the night at the hospital
- Your doctor will check your health status
- You will be kept in hospital for another 1 day.
- Resting at the hospital
- Your doctor will check your health status
- Discharge from hospital
- Transfer to the hotel for rest
- Resting for recovery
- Enjoy Istanbul without tiring yourself
- Transfer to the clinic for final evaluation
- Discuss the details of complementary therapy
- Obtain instructions from your doctor about what you should pay attention to
- Transfer to the airport to return to your country
* Treatment processes may vary according to the health service and scope of each person.
The cost of a Rhinoplasty operation in the clinics in Europe ranges from € 4.000 to € 7,000.
The cost of a Rhinoplasty operation that will be performed in our clinic in Turkey ranges from € 1.800 to € 2.500.
In Europe, these prices generally do not include fees of hotel accommodation and transfers, which are the services the patient needs. Some clinics may even charge high fees for pre-operative consultation.
In Turkey, this covers the cost of all treatment package. The services involved in the Rhinoplasty surgery in Turkey are;
- 5-star-hotel accommodation
- All VIP transfer services between Airport / Hotel / Clinic
- All necessary dressings until returning to your country
- Monitoring of medical care
When we look at the comparison of the prices in Turkey and Europe, we see that the cost in Europe is about 2.5 times more than the one in Turkey. Moreover, the cost of accommodation and transfers are 3 times more.
Do not pay 3 times more money for the same medical procedure and regret it. Join thousands of patients coming to Istanbul every year to have a Rhinoplasty surgery.
Considerations in the post-operative period directly affect the success of the Rhinoplasty procedure. Try to follow all the advice given by your doctor. If you have any questions, COSMETICIUM will be here to help you with our expert team. Aftercare after Rhinoplasty surgery, it is worth noting these issues:
- Do not apply pressure by touching your nose.
- Never use alcohol or cigarettes for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Since someone will need to take you home after the operation, arrange for a companion.
- Use painkillers provided by your doctor regularly for your pain.
- Do not forget to take plenty of fluids and healthy eating.
We pay great importance to the successful results of our patients. If you would like to share your new outlook with us, please feel free to post photos via our contact page.
What Are the Different Types of Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a procedure applied by using different techniques in itself. Which of these techniques will be used is decided by the surgeon considering the patient’s condition and expectations. The techniques and their explanations are given below.
1. Nose Reduction Rhinoplasty
The main purpose of this procedure is to reduce the size of the nose. It is used for correcting some problems such as bent nose, wide nostrils and long nose formed for different reasons. Depending on the condition of the nose and the expectations by the surgeon, surpluses can be removed from the bones and cartilages of the nose. The main objective here is that the nose is proportional to the rest of the face.
2. Nose Augmentation Rhinoplasty
Here, the main goal is to change the properties and shape of the nose. This may require reconstruction of the end or the bridge part of the nose. Cartilage tissue located in other regions of the nose is used for this process. If the tissues here do not suffice, cartilage can be taken from the ear or rib.
3. Post Traumatic Rhinoplasty
It is the procedure used to correct the nose that is damaged due to trauma. Here, the functionality of the nose is restored and aesthetic appearance is provided.
4. Reconstructive Rhinoplasty
This procedure solves the problems of people who have lost the nose partially or entirely due to an accident, illness or a similar cause. Using special techniques, the nose is reconstructed and begins to function again. Multiple surgeries may be required depending on the patient’s condition. Rhinoplasty is a procedure that should be performed by surgeons with a high level of experience and expertise.
How to Get Prepared for Rhinoplasty Surgery?
After the rhinoplasty surgery, it is very crucial for the body to remain moist for in order to recover. Therefore, beverages with caffeine should be avoided before and after surgery. Apart from this suggestion, the partial lethargy of the upper lip in the first post-operative period necessitates a more careful consumption of hot drinks such as soups. In addition, you should know the fact that there will be a need for plenty of ice for the postoperative period and get prepared for this. With the application of ice you will be protected from dryness, bleeding and swelling in the mouth.
The most important step for rhinoplasty preparation is to talk to your surgeon. You will then receive information about the process and provide the information requested by the doctor. After this consultation, your doctor may ask for some tests. In addition, you may be asked to stop using some of the medications you take during the operation period. Especially it may be recommended to avoid aspirin, herbal supplements and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Steps of Rhinoplasty Surgery
After the consultation, you will have with your doctor and surgery details he/she will give, the operation will consist of the following steps on the day of the procedure.
There are two different types of anesthesia for rhinoplasty. The first one is general anesthesia and the patient is fully anesthetized. The other one is the sedation method and it is in the form of local anesthesia. This method, which completely numbs the facial region, also has a strong soothing effect.
2. Surgical Procedure
After anesthesia has shown its effect, the doctor creates incisions in the nostrils or between the two nostrils which are also known as columella. Using these incisions, the skin opened is lifted up and the nasal cartilage and bone are reached. Then, according to the patient’s condition by the doctor, necessary procedures are performed and the skin is placed and the incisions are closed with sutures.
What Should Be Considered in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
There are a number of issues that patients should pay attention to in order to increase the success rate of the rhinoplasty procedure. These can be listed as:
- Protect your health prior to surgery. Try to get into the surgery in a fit and strong way.
- Stop alcohol and smoking 2 weeks before surgery.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines you use, including herbal supplements. Continue or stop using your medication according to your doctor’s instructions.
- Bring your expectations to a realistic level by discussing with your doctor before surgery.
- Stop eating and drinking completely 12 hours before surgery. Come to surgery by getting enough sleep.
- After surgery, have someone to accompany you.
- Come to the clinic with comfortable and loose clothes.
What Problems Can Be Corrected by Rhinoplasty Surgery?
The problems that can be corrected by the Rhinoplasty procedure are:
- The overall size of the nose is reduced.
- Deposits and dislocations in the nose bridge can be corrected.
- Nose bridge can be narrowed.
- The position and size of the nose tip can be changed.
- The size of the nostrils can be changed.
- The angle between the upper lip and the nose can be re-adjusted.
During the 5-day postoperative period, patients wear splints outside their noses. There are also tubular splints in the nose. Apart from swelling of the nasal passages, there is no obstacle to breathing through the nose.
- Non-compelling light daily activities can be started after 1 week.
- The bruising and swelling will decrease significantly after 1-2 weeks.
- Exercises can be started 3-4 weeks after the operation.
- It takes 4-6 weeks to restore a normal appearance.
- Full results and subtle changes may require 12 months.
In order for the recovery process to continue smoothly, patients should avoid direct sun exposure, alcohol and smoking. During this period, your skin is very sensitive to sunlight and pigmentation, therefore you need to be more careful than normal. For quick recovery, attention should be paid to abundant fluid intake and healthy nutrition. Your doctor will give you the necessary information about any other issues.
What Should I Expect from Rhinoplasty Surgery?
In the Rhinoplasty procedure, you will need to stay in hospital during the period recommended by your doctor. This period can be up to 7 days. You should also ask for medical leave from our work before surgery, as you will need to rest for the first few weeks. Especially in the first 7 days, you may have a little difficulty. Discomfort in the nose and burning sensation in the throat will occur. You will not be able to use your nose at the very beginning because of the gauze placed on the nose to prevent blood flowing through the nose. The first 3 days the swelling level will be high, then it will begin to decrease.
From the second week, bruising and swelling will begin to ease. During this period, you can start light activities. Keep in mind that you need to wait for 3 weeks after surgery to begin the exercises. By the end of the fourth week, you will generally recover and return to your daily life. You may have to wait 1 year to see the full results of the procedure.
Before & After Photos
You can examine the successful results by comparing the pre- and post-operative photos of our patients with Rhinoplasty surgery in our clinic. These results will help you in your decision-making process.
The incisions made for the rhinoplasty procedure are small in size and do not leave a marked scar after healing. In closed nose surgeries, the incisions remain in the nose and therefore no scars are seen. In open surgeries, there may be very little scarring on the base of the nose.
It is strictly forbidden to blow in the first week. From the second week on, you can clean your nose by rinsing with saline water. During this period, you can blow it lightly.
No. It is better to leave the hospital with one of your family members or friends.
You can start non-heavy exercises 3 weeks after surgery.
Rhinoplasty is not recommended for patients whose body development is not completed yet. It can be said that the patients may be eligible for rhinoplasty if they are older than 15 years and if approved by the doctor and their parents.
Your nose will flow more during the first 2 weeks after surgery, which is normal. In the following periods, your nasal discharge returns to normal.
You can go home after surgery with a companion, not alone. To do this, you must first be supervised for a few hours and get approval from the doctor. However, according to the advice given by the doctor, it is better to spend the first days in the hospital.
You can breathe easily thanks to the thin silicone layer inside your nose. The better you get, the easier it will be for you to breathe.
Your sutures are removed 5-10 days after the operation.
You will feel some pain after the surgery and these pain will last for a few days. You can get rid of these pains by using painkillers provided by your doctor.