Breast reduction Turkey, or mammoplasty, is a procedure for breast reduction. Fat, skin and tissue cells are taken in order to reduce the breast. This process can be done completely with aesthetic concerns or because of different health problems. It can be done for reasons such as back pain, neck pain, chest rashes and bra strap marks caused by large breasts. In general, it can be said that there are physical and psychological reasons that arise the need for this procedure.
Breast Reduction Turkey – Benefits, Side Effects & Cost | Cosmeticium
What is Breast Reduction? & Why in Turkey?
Procedure: Breast Reduction | Mammoplasty
Operation Duration: 2-4 hours
Accommodation: 1 night at hospital, 4 nights at the hotel
Return to Work: 7 – 10 days
For Whom?: For people who want to have a small chest,
People who have lost their self-confidence due to the size of their chests,
People who have neck, shoulder and back pain because of the size of their breasts
Recovery Period: 2 – 3 weeks
Anesthesia: General anesthesia
Potential Risks and Side Effects: Difficulty or insufficiency in breastfeeding, numbness of the region, partial or complete loss of sensation in the chest, temporary swelling, bruising, asymmetric healing
As COSMETICIUM clinic, we provide FREE consultation to our patients regardless of which cosmetic procedure they choose. These consultations help to manage a healthier treatment process for both parties.
Face-to-Face Consultation: You can visit our clinic in Istanbul, you can have our coffee and get professional information about the health service you need from our specialist doctors.
Video Call: Video call option is available for patients who do not have the chance to visit our clinic at first. Our medical specialist will inform you about the necessary details.
Phone Call: You can contact us via the phone numbers given on the contact form. The people in our advisory team will inform you about the procedure you need.
WhatsApp / E-mail: Please feel free to send us your medical photos to get more precise information about the procedure you need.
* Although the types of consultations other than face-to-face interviews are useful for getting some ideas and details about the procedure, we may need medical images to determine the best suggestion. Applying the right treatment is our first priority as COSMETICIUM clinic.
ITINERARY & TRAVEL DIARY
- Arrival to Istanbul Airport
- Our team will meet you at the airport
- Visit to the clinic and consultation with your doctor
- Transfer from the clinic to the hotel for rest
- Transfer from hotel to clinic
- Getting prepared for surgery
- Required medical tests and final evaluation before surgery
- Start of surgery
- Spending the night at hospital
- Your doctor will check your health status
- Discharge from hospital
- Transfer to the hotel for rest
- Resting for recovery
- Enjoy Istanbul without tiring yourself
- Transfer to the clinic for final evaluation
- Discuss the details of complementary therapy
- Obtain instructions from your doctor about what you should pay attention to
- Transfer to the airport in order to return to your country
* Treatment processes may vary according to the health service and its scope of each person.
The cost of a Breast Reduction surgery in clinics in Europe ranges from €4,500 to €7,500.
The cost of the Breast Reduction operation to be performed in our clinic in Turkey ranges from €2,000 to €2,500.
In Europe, these prices generally do not include fees of hotel accommodation and transfers, which are the services the patient needs. Some clinics may even charge high fees for pre-operative consultation.
In Turkey, this covers the cost of all treatment package. The services involved in the Breast Reduction surgery in Turkey are;
- 5-star-hotel accommodation
- All VIP transfer services between Airport / Hotel / Clinic
- All necessary dressings until returning to your country
- Monitoring of medical care
When we look at the comparison of the prices in Turkey and Europe, we see that the cost in Europe is about 2.5 times more than the one in Turkey. Moreover, the cost of accommodation and transfers are 3 times more.
Do not pay 3 times more money for the same medical procedure and regret it. Join thousands of patients coming to Istanbul every year to have an Breast Reduction surgery.
The points you need to pay attention to in the post-operative period directly affect the success of the Breast Reduction procedure. Try to follow all the advice given by your doctor. If you have any questions, COSMETICIUM will be here to help you with our expert team. In the Aftercare stage after Breast Reduction surgery, it is worth noting that:
- Do not stand up on your own after the surgery and do not try to go home. Always seek for help from an attendant.
- Alcohol and cigarette is strictly prohibited within 2 weeks after the operation.
- Do not force yourself during the first 15 days and avoid physical activity.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing.
- Do not touch or press on your chest area.
- Take care of a healthy and regular diet.
We give great importance to the successful results of our patients. If you would like to share your new outlook with us, please feel free to post your photos via our contact page.
What Are the Different Types of Breast Reduction in Turkey?
There are different types of breast reduction turkey procedure, which will be decided according to the patient’s condition and expectations. These types are:
1) Anchor Breast Reduction
In this method, an anchor-shaped incision is done down the nipple and the breast. Fat, skin and tissue removal is done on the lower part of the chest. Finally, the nipple and areola are moved to a higher position and the incisions are closed and the procedure is completed.
2) Vertical Breast Reduction
It is a procedure for patients with moderately large breasts and it has recently been developed. An incision is formed around the nipple, vertically going downwards. After removing fat, skin and tissue; the incision is closed.
3) Scarless Breast Reduction
It is a method in which liposuction technique is applied. Cannulas are inserted into small incisions. Then the fat tissue is removed from here. This method is suitable for candidates who have too much fat in their breasts.
Stages of Breast Reduction Surgery
At this stage, while you learn the details of the procedure to be applied, the doctor determines whether you comply with this procedure. Your weight status, whether you intend to have children and your medical history are decisive in this step.
2) Planning the Surgery
Your doctor should examine your chest closely and in detail to determine how the procedure will be performed and how much tissue will be removed. The location, length and similar properties of the areoles are considered at this stage. At this stage, a mammogram may also be requested by the doctor.
3) Starting the Surgery
General anesthesia is applied for breast reduction in turkey surgery. In some special cases, sedation or local anesthesia may be applied. The steps to be followed in the surgery are as follows:
• First, an incision is made around the nipple and the lower part of the chest. Thus, an incision in the shape of an inverted letter T or an anchor is formed.
• Repositioning the nipple.
• Removal of fat, tissue and skin.
• Finally, reshaping the breast is performed and the incisions are closed and the process is completed.
What Should Be Considered in Breast Reduction Surgery?
There are some important considerations in the breast reduction procedure. These can be listed as:
- You should stop eating and drinking completely 12 hours before the operation and come to the surgery in this way.
- Sleep well at the night before and come to the surgery after having a rest.
- Note that mammography should be performed during pre-operative check-ups. This is an important detail for the examination of breast tissue.
- Tell your doctor about the medications you are taking and see if they have any effect on the operation.
- Do not use alcohol or cigarettes for 2 weeks prior to surgery. If possible, give it up completely.
- Make sure you are healthy and come to the surgery in a fit way.
- Follow all recommendations given by your doctor during this process.
- Leave your jewelry and valuables at home, and do not bring them to the clinic.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing.
- After surgery, arrange a companion to assist you.
Recovery Period for Breast Reduction in Turkey
After the operation, your breasts will be covered with gauze and a bra will be worn. In addition, a small tube may be fitted into the breasts to discharge liquids. These tubes, which will be attached to each breast separately, remain attached for 1-2 days.
Post-operative swelling and bruising on your breasts may occur. This is very normal, the tension of the muscles due to surgery may lead to such a situation. For this reason, your breasts may be hard at first.
Swelling, redness, bruising and stiffness on your breasts significantly reduce by up to 1 month. At the end of the first month, you can start the exercises and continue your normal life. But remember that you need 1 year for full recovery.
What Should I Expect from Breast Reduction Surgery?
You may experience pain in the first week after the operation. You will only need to use the medications given by your doctor. The use of tubes to drain fluids and gauzes to wrap your breasts may cause difficulty in dressing and moving. It is very important to have a companion with you during this period.
Your recovery rate will increase between 2 and 4 weeks after the operation. In particular, the initial loss of sensation greatly reduces. Your sutures are removed during this period and swelling, bruising and redness significantly disappear. After this stage, you can start the exercises in line with your doctor’s advice and return to your normal life. But remember that you will have to wait a little longer before the exact result is seen.
Before & After Photos
You can examine the successful results closely by comparing the before and after photographs of our patients who have undergone Breast Reduction surgery in our clinic. These results will help you in your decision-making process.
The answer varies from person to person. But in general you can say that you can have a breast that is proportional to your body.
A close examination of the breast tissue while getting prepared for the surgery provides both successful results and minimizes the risk of complications.
You will not feel any pain because you will be under anesthesia during the operation.
This procedure can be applied to anyone who is 18 years old and healthy.
After the surgery, you will feel some pain after the anesthesia has passed. At this point, you can get rid of your pain by using the painkillers given by your doctor regularly.
Breast reduction surgery is not performed during these periods. You should have this surgery at a later stage to feed the baby.
The incisions opened for the procedure are kept as small as possible and necessary measures are taken to prevent any scarring. If you follow the instructions given to you after surgery by an expert surgeon, there will be no scarring or it will almost disappear.
Yes. Different results may occur depending on the person’s weight, chest size and general condition. In addition, depending on the expertise of the surgeon performing the procedure, it can be mentioned that different results will occur.
It varies depending on the job you do. If you are not working in a heavy job, you can start working in a week. But remember that if your job is heavy, you will have to wait for at least 3-4 weeks.
Yes. You will be given a report by taking into account the time required for your recovery.
If you gain excess weight, your breasts may grow again. There is also some growth during pregnancy. If you pay attention to your weight, the process will give permanent results.
Yes. You will need to wear a special bra for 4 weeks after surgery. With a comfortable uplift bra, your healing process will proceed more smoothly.
You can take a shower after 1 week after the operation. But remember that this requires your doctor’s approval. You should also protect your wounds from water with the help of waterproof tape before taking a shower.
Soluble materials are used for suturing. Therefore, the sutures do not have to be removed. The sutures are solved by themselves over time.
Constipation is normal after surgery. In order to overcome this in a short time, painkiller intake should be discontinued and you should feed with fiber foods.