Hair transplantation is a procedure developed to meet the individuals’ needs. People who have lost their hair for different reasons want to have their hair back. A permanent solution for this is only possible with hair transplantation. It should be known that other methods are not as effective as hair transplantation. Hair transplantation is a process which is being done for a long time and it is under continuous development. In this context, different hair transplantation techniques have been developed in different times. Among these techniques, DHI is the most developed one. Although it is not widely known yet, it has important advantages when compared to other hair transplantation techniques.
When people think about hair transplantation technique, FUE comes to their mind. FUE technique is still used today and it gives very successful results. However, DHI technique is more successful. In our article, you can find all the answers to your questions about DHI. You will also find the differences between DHI technique and FUE technique in the following article.
Why is the DHI hair transplantation technique the best? What are its advantages when compared to the FUE technique? The differences between DHI and FUE. It is all in our article.
What is DHI Hair Transplantation Technique?
DHI technique; it is the immediate transportation of the grafts collected by special equipment to the area with no hair. In this process, there is no need to open the canals beforehand and soak the collected grafts in a solution. It is a known fact that sooner the collected hair is planted, the more successful the result will be. This is what exactly DHI technique does. It can be expressed as the technique where the collected grafts are planted the fastest.
There are stages to be followed when transplanting with DHI technique. These stages are:
- Collecting: At this stage, hair strands are collected. Special tools called micro motors are used to do this. There is no scaring due to strand collecting thanks to this tool. Also the collected hair is ready for immediate transfer.
- Arrangement: Strands are placed on the Choi Pens according to their heights.
- Plantation: With these pens, the hair strands are transported to the area with no hair. The opening of the canals and plantation of hair are done simultaneously during this process. Meanwhile, how deep the hair will be transferred and with what angle this process is to be done can all be adjusted easily. The hair strands planted with this process continue to exist indefinitely without any problem.
You May Also Like: 10 Valid Reasons to Choose DHI in Hair Transplantation
Features of DHI Hair Transplantation Technique
DHI hair transplantation has different features. These features are very important to meet the expectations of people who want to have hair transplantation. The outstanding ones of these features are as follows:
- The pens and all other equipment are patient-specific. They can’t be used for any other patient.
- There is much less bleeding and pain in this technique.
- The success is much higher. On average, it has 90% success rate.
- In DHI hair transplantation technique, only DHI specialist hair surgeons perform.
- The desired depth and angle can be adjusted easily. This situation ensures natural appearance of hair.
Advantages of DHI Hair Transplantation Technique over FUE Technique
DHI and FUE are the most widely used hair transplantation techniques today. FUE is known more as it is a relatively older technique. However, DHI technique gives more effective results. There are some differences between these two techniques. These differences make DHI technique more advantageous.
The difference between the two techniques is during the strand collection and transportation to the area with no hair. In FUE technique, the strands are collected one by one. Then, the canals, in which the strands will be placed, start to be opened. In the meantime, the collected hair strands are kept in a special solution to avoid deterioration and dyeing. After the opening of canals is completed, the strands are transported there.
In DHI technique, on the other hand, the hair strands collected with a special tool are placed on a special pen. With this pen, they are transported from here directly to the area with no hair. When these techniques are compared, it can be said that DHI technique is less painful. Besides, there are less incision marks left.
Other advantages of DHI technique can be listed as follows:
- The hair transplantation can be done more intensively thanks to the special pen used in the process. While in FUE technique, 45-60 grafts can be placed in an area of a square cm, in DHI technique this number can go up to around 90. This means there is 50% more intense hair planting.
- There is no extra canal opening thanks to the pen. This, in return, decreases the possibility of damage to the natural hair.
- The recovery period in DHI technique is much shorter than FUE technique.
- There is no requirement of a haircut before the process.
- There is no crusting, postulation and cavitation in DHI technique.
In general, these are the advantages of DHI technique. Apart from these, it must not be forgotten that it has other advantages as well.
You May Also Like: Differences Between DHI and FUE
Things to Know about DHI Hair Transplantation Technique
DHI hair transplantation technique stands out as a technique developed jointly by medicine and technology. This technique meets the expectations of people who want to have hair transplantation today. Apart from this, just like in the FUE technique, beard transplantation may also be done with DHI technique. It is not impossible to have bushier beard thanks to this technique.
DHI technique takes on average 6-8 hours. However, depending on the number of grafts to be transferred, this may be longer or shorter. In this technique, average number of grafts transported is around 2000. However, if more grafts are to be transported, two doctors may perform simultaneously and they can increase the number to 5000 grafts. So, the process is completed in a single session.
In the DHI technique, you start seeing the results at the end of 3-4 months. However, these results are not the final results. Because, a period of 12 months is needed for the full results. At the end of this period, you will see more clearly how successful results DHI technique has.