Women may want to enlarge their breasts for reasons such as looking more beautiful and younger. The extremely successful results of cosmetic surgery procedures performed increase the interest of women in this field. However, some women have reservations about the recovery process after surgery. This period is generally not very difficult. We can say that you will overcome the healing period more smoothly, especially when you sleep in the right position. So, how should the sleeping positions be after breast augmentation? Which sleeping position is good for recovery and which one is risky? All the details are in our article.
Table of Contents
The Importance of Sleeping in the Recovery Period
Breast augmentation is performed by a surgical procedure. It is extremely normal to feel a little tired after this operation. This is because your body is going through the healing process. During this period, you can rest by closing your eyes. However, we want you to know that such resting never replaces sleep. When you sleep, the resources your body has consumed are used for recovery. Therefore, sleeping for an average of 8 hours each night will positively affect your healing process.
The Best Sleeping Position after Breast Augmentation
The best sleeping position after breast augmentation is to lie on your back. When you lie on your back, you will protect the operation area and prevent swelling in this area. However, bear in mind that you need to lift the upper part of your body a little more. It will be enough to put a few pillows under your head.
The Worst Sleeping Position after Breast Augmentation
Some people prefer to sleep on their stomachs. However, it should not be forgotten that this is the worst sleeping position after breast augmentation surgery. Because when you lie on your stomach, you will put unnecessary pressure on your implants. Again, the incisions that have not yet healed completely will be pressured. All of these can cause different problems. To sleep on the stomach, you should wait at least 2-3 weeks and start sleeping like this after the doctor’s approval.
You May Also Like: Frequently Asked Questions about Breast Augmentation
After the operation, you should wear a supportive bra for a while to support the implants. With this bra, you can sleep more comfortably at night. Besides, it is very normal to have pain during this period. Do not forget to use the medicines prescribed by your doctor regularly to make the aforementioned pain less felt. Thus, you will have the opportunity to spend the first period of the healing period more comfortably.
Details on how to sleep after breast augmentation surgery are listed above. In addition to the aforementioned details, when you consider the following points, you can sleep more comfortably. These points can be listed as follows:
- Your lying position must be preserved during sleeping. It is almost impossible to control yourself while sleeping. Therefore, after taking the right position, put pillows on your sides. Thus, your night position will not be spoiled.
- It is important to keep your head up while sleeping. At this point, you can try sleeping in an extended chair. Or you can turn your bed into an extended chair.
- If you experience unexpectedly severe pain, contact your doctor immediately.
You May Also Like: 6 Reasons to Have Breast Augmentation in Istanbul
How Can You Speed Up the Healing Process?
You can make the healing process faster thanks to some points you pay attention to in the postoperative period. The first thing you need to do is to follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Apart from this, other issues to consider can be listed as follows:
- Before the operation, get detailed information from your doctor and understand well how the process will proceed.
- Prefer to wear comfortable and loose clothes in the first days.
- Since you will have pain right after the operation, make sure to arrange a companion to help you.
- You need to rest for the first 2-3 days. If you do not have heavy work, you can return to work after 2-3 days of rest. If you have a heavy job, take more days off, and act according to your doctor’s advice.
- Do not force yourself, do not lift heavy, and do not do strenuous exercises during the first 6 weeks. During this period, choose to lie on your back.
When you pay attention to the issues mentioned above, your recovery will speed up and the success of the operation will increase.