Are you annoyed by the appearance of your cheeks? Do you have chubbier cheeks than you want them to be? If your answer to these questions is yes, you can make your cheeks look the way you want with cheek liposuction. It is possible to have a cheek like the one in your dreams with cheek liposuction. This technique is performed on a large number of people today.
It is very difficult to dissolve fat in the cheek area through diet and exercise. This has led to the development of surgical methods to shape the cheeks as desired. The most effective of these methods is cheek liposuction. This procedure, which is preferred by many people, including celebrities undergoing liposuction, allows you to have a young look.
Table of Contents
What is Cheek Liposuction?
Liposuction is the removal of some of the fat in different parts of the body by a special method. Thanks to this procedure, the relevant part of the body is reshaped. The application of this procedure for cheek is called cheek liposuction. It is very similar to the procedure performed on other parts of the body. However, it is also possible to perform it along with other different procedures such as Botox and facial filling.
As it is known, it is extremely difficult to dissolve the fat in the face area. It is almost impossible to burn fat on the cheeks. These fats, which do not leave the body through exercise and diet, disappear in a short time with liposuction. Thus, your cheeks get the shape you want.
Are You A Suitable Candidate for Cheek Liposuction?
If you think your cheeks are chubbier than they should be, you may be a suitable candidate for cheek liposuction. It will be sufficient to consult a specialist physician in this field to fully understand whether cheek liposuction is a suitable method for you or not. At this stage, by telling your expectations, you can easily understand how suitable you are.
Weight changes that you will experience after cheek liposuction may affect your cheeks. Therefore, it is more convenient to have this procedure performed while you’re in your ideal weight. Apart from that, you should know that the risks of liposuction will increase if you smoke. Also, if you do not have a healthy body, this procedure will not be performed on you.
How To Perform Cheek Liposuction?
Cheek liposuction is performed by following certain stages. These stages and general information about these stages are given below.
- Consultation: At this stage, you need to share your expectations with your doctor. Tell him in detail what kind of a cheek you want to have. Give the correct answers to the questions asked by your doctor. If you are smoking and using alcohol, be sure to mention this. Also, don’t forget to share the list of medicines you use regularly with your doctor.
- Anaesthesia: Sedation or local anaesthesia is generally preferred for cheek liposuction. If different aesthetic procedures other than liposuction are to be performed, general anaesthesia may also be preferred.
- Making an Incision: Once you are under anaesthesia, you will no longer feel any pain. After this stage, very small incisions are made on the previously determined points.
- Placing Cannulas: Thin tubes called cannula are placed in the incisions made on your cheeks. Thanks to the mentioned tubes, fats are first vacuumed and then removed from the cheek using the same path.
- Breaking of the Fats: The vacuum applied to the fats in the cheek area does not allow the fats to come out directly. Therefore, the fats are broken down using further methods and they become liquid. For this, help is received from the laser, water jet or similar support systems.
- Closing the Incisions: At the last stage, the procedure is terminated by stitching the incisions.
The issues included here are general information. Depending on the condition of the patients, it may be possible to perform different procedures. However, it should be remembered that less fat is removed in cheek liposuction compared to other procedures. Because the amount of fat in the cheek area is already very low. Serious problems can occur in the cheeks if excessive fat is removed.
Risks of Cheek Liposuction
It should be noted that the procedure mentioned here is a surgical procedure. All surgical procedures may have some risks. These risks are also valid for cheek liposuction. Some of these risks are:
- Nerve damage
- Sensation loss
- Seroma (collection of fluid under the skin)
- Dissatisfaction with the results
- Risks of anaesthesia
- Hematoma (clot formation under the skin)
It is possible to reduce the likelihood of the risks involved here to arise. To do this, you must first quit smoking. In addition, a specialist doctor and a high-quality clinic should be preferred for the procedure. Thus, the probability of experiencing such risks will be significantly reduced.
How Long Is The Recovery Process?
The healing time of cheek liposuction varies depending on the condition of the person and the procedure performed. For example, recovery time only for liposuction is shorter than recovery time if Botox is performed along with liposuction. Apart from this, it is also very important how much the patient considers the recommendations given by the doctor after the procedure.
After the operation, a suitable compression garment is given for the relevant area. This garment should be worn for a week. Thanks to the garment in question, the healing time is shortened, swelling is prevented, and the cheeks are shaped correctly.
Some issues such as bruising and swelling occurring after the procedure are considered normal. These will go away on their own within a few weeks. If you experience excessive pain, you can use painkillers prescribed by your doctor. In addition, you may need to take antibiotics to eliminate the risk of infection. Note that you need about 6 months for the cheeks to fully recover.
Cost of Cheek Liposuction
Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide clear information about the amount to be paid for cheek liposuction. The reason for this is that not everyone is having the same procedure. Some patients have very minimal removal of fat, while others may undergo more than one procedure. However, on average, it can be said that this procedure costs between $ 2,500 and $ 5,000. These figures may also differ depending on the location. Especially in the USA and European countries, this amount can be much more. A cheek liposuction procedure can be performed with the same quality at a much more affordable price in Turkey. With the advantages of the exchange rate, this procedure can be performed at a cost of 1,500 – 2,000 American dollars in Turkey. Moreover, hotel accommodation and all VIP transfers are included in this price.