Face liposuction; It is a procedure that allows the face to be shaped by removing the fat accumulated in the cheeks, tickle, chin and neck area. This is also the area where maximum skin movement is seen. The fact that fat begins to accumulate here over time indicates that the tissues are worn out and worn.
The fat cells in the face grow gradually and increase in volume. The diet and exercises to be applied after this stage are ineffective in ensuring the shrinkage of fat cells. Therefore, instead of ordinary weight loss methods, different techniques should be preferred.
Although the fats under the skin are removed with liposuction, the relevant procedure is not a weight loss operation. The main thing here is the reshaping of the face. Thus, the natural and attractive image of the person is revealed.
If you want to know what facial liposuction is, whether you are suitable for the procedure and the risks that may occur, all the details are here.
Face Liposuction Procedure
Facial liposuction can be applied alone or by facelift procedure. Nowadays it has become a common procedure. Unwanted fat tissue is removed and the jawline is supported. This process is done using a cannula and vacuum device. It can also be performed with the laser lipo approach.
It is normal for burning, pain and swelling to occur in the relevant areas after the procedure. But they are temporary and go away on their own without requiring any treatment. This procedure is performed as an outpatient treatment and patients are significantly discharged on the first day.
What Should Be Done After Treatment?
The recovery time of facial liposuction is, on average, between 20 and 28 days. In this process, there are some issues that need to be done for the shortening of the recovery time of the patients and the success of the procedure. These can be listed as follows:
- Special compression clothing (face wrap) should be used after the operation.
- It is necessary to lift heavy and avoid activities that force the body.
- During the recovery period, bending and strenuous work should be avoided as much as possible.
- When care is taken, when the surgical area is closed with scarf or turtleneck clothing, patients can return to work in 5 days or less.
- In case of an incision in the mouth, the diet should be adjusted accordingly.
- It is important to keep the head elevated and motionless to reduce swelling in the operation area.
- A cold compress should be applied to the operation area for 24-48 hours.
- In order for the healing process to go smoothly, the doctor’s instructions must be followed to the letter.
Face Liposuction Advantages and Disadvantages
Facial liposuction is one of the most preferred shaping procedures today. This process has many advantages and disadvantages in itself.
The advantages of the relevant procedure can be listed as follows:
- It changes the tone of the face.
- It helps to gain a more youthful appearance.
- Shapes the cheeks and creates a sharp jawline.
- Helps get rid of sagging skin and tickles.
- Improves facial features.
The disadvantages of the procedure are:
- Swelling and pain
- Fat embolism
- Temporary loss of feeling
- Accumulation of fluid in the treatment areas
- Contour irregularities (Skin getting a bumpy and wavy appearance)
Although the disadvantages here are quite serious, with an experienced surgeon, these risks are largely eliminated and the process is managed more easily.
Who Can Be a Face Liposuction Candidate?
Face liposuction is not a procedure that can be applied to everyone. There are some characteristics that candidates must have for this procedure. These features include:
- Those who have reached the age of 20
- Those who are in good physical health
- Those who want to get rid of stubborn fat in the jaw area
- Those with good skin elasticity and muscle tone
- Those who do not have health problems that will prevent recovery
- Those without vital illnesses
- Those who have fat in the area from the line where the nose ends to the middle face area and in the entire submental region
What are the Risks After Face Liposuction?
Although facial liposuction is much less invasive than other surgeries, it is ultimately a surgical procedure. So it has some risks. The risks of the relevant transaction are as follows:
- Risks due to anesthesia
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Small scars on the skin
- Temporary loss of sensation
- Sagging of the skin
- Damage to muscles and vessels
- Increased skin sensitivity
- Excessive fluid accumulation
How Long Does It Take To Recover?
After this procedure, patients usually recover quickly and on an outpatient basis. It is possible to return to work after only a few days. To fully return to daily routines, patients may need to be patient for a few more weeks. Recovery time varies depending on the procedure performed and the general condition of the patient. In general, this period is between 3-5 weeks.
Facial liposuction is one of the most satisfying cosmetic procedures. Its effects last from 7 to 10 years. Thus, patients get rid of the fat on their faces to a great extent.
Types of Face Liposuction
Face liposuction is a procedure developed for problem areas on the face. It is ideal for submental fullness, getting rid of tickles and chubby cheeks. It is a highly delicate process and is carried out painstakingly.
The procedure here is different from removing the deep fat pads on the cheek through the incision in the mouth. In the facial lipo procedure, care is taken to protect the buccal fat pads.
Thus, the focus is on removing only superficial fat deposits. In the following process, the risk of pitting in the cheeks is reduced. Experienced surgeons complete this procedure without causing permanent scarring.
There are different types of face liposuction in itself. The details of these are as follows:
It is an important option for patients with fat accumulation in the neck area and its sagging appearance. With this procedure, the neck area is ensured to get a thinner and more elegant appearance. The operation is performed as an artistic procedure.
Chin liposuction is a procedure for the lower part of the jaw to eliminate the tickle. The accumulated fats contained in this area are removed. Thus, the transition from the chin to the neck is noticeably beautified.
Those who are not overweight but have large cheeks can shape their cheeks with cheek liposuction. This procedure focuses on achieving significant contours.
Schedule a Consultation
If you also complain about the excess fat in your face area and want to have a skin you want by getting rid of them, you can have a facial liposuction. Remember that you need to choose a quality treatment and an experienced surgeon to get the result you want and get your dream look.
COSMETICIUM has experienced surgeons in facial liposuction. Our experienced doctors, who perform the surgery by understanding your wishes and expectations, will ensure that you have the face of your dreams. You can contact us immediately for detailed information on the subject and free online consultation.
Fill In The Form Below To Get Answers To All Your Questions About Face Liposuction From Our Doctors Within Hours. (FREE)