Hair transplantation can be expressed as removing the hair follicles with a suitable technique and transferring them to the non-hair area. Different techniques are used for this procedure. Studies on this subject are still ongoing. FUE and DHI are recently developed hair transplantation techniques. With the methods used herein, it is possible to remove hair follicles without any problems. But it is known that there are studies to find much better techniques.
If you have a hair loss problem, you can get rid of this by having a hair transplantation procedure. All you need to do is to have hair transplantation. In hair transplantation, the hair to be transplanted will be removed from yourself. The hair strands taken over the nape, which is known as the donor area, are both strong and resistant to hair loss. Therefore, you need to know that hair from a different person cannot be transplanted to you. So, how healthy are your hair follicles in the donor area? How to determine if these grafts are suitable for hair transplantation? You can find the answers to these questions in the rest of our article.
Things to Know About Hair Grafts
Hair follicles or grafts are innate in every human being. The hair follicles, which are approximately 100 thousand pieces, reduce with time. This reduction is normal up to a certain number, but after crossing this limit, different problems may occur.
Hair follicles can be expressed as a small organ in the dermal layer of the scalp. Hair growth by controlling the balance between neuropeptides, hormones and immune system components, is the main task of the follicles here.
- Actively growing hair at the anagen phase may maintain a healthy existence for 2 to 7 years, depending on the correct functioning of the follicle.
- In the telogen phase, the hair goes to rest and provides space for new hair.
You May Also Like: 5 Questions to Ask Before Hair Transplantation Appointment
How to Tell If Hair Grafts Are Healthy?
Healthy hair grafts are very important for hair transplantation. If the transplanted hair follicles are not healthy, there is the possibility of hair loss after a while. And this means that people’s effort made and the money spent is wasted. Therefore, it is necessary to determine how healthy the hair follicles are before hair transplantation. There are some issues to be considered for this. By paying attention to these, you can tell whether your hair is healthy or not. But don’t forget that you should talk to a hair transplantation specialist to find out the clearest answer.
- If the hair is healthy, the number of hair strands lost per day should not exceed 100. If this number is more than 150, it may indicate different problems. Telogen effluvium and androgenetic alopecia are some of them.
- If there are abnormal conditions in your scalp, remember that this may adversely affect the hair follicles. Small wounds, scabs and similar conditions may indicate a number of problems in the health of the hair follicle.
- The thinning of the hair slowly is one of the most important details indicating the problems. But it is not as easy to realize. The person who looks at himself in the mirror every day does not notice the change he has experienced. Instead, by comparing photos to be taken every day, hair thinning can be noticed more easily.
- One way to understand how healthy the grafts are is the small experiment known as the pulling test. In this procedure, hold the hair on certain parts of your head not too tight and pull it gently. If you get more strands of hair than it should be, it means there is a problem. You may need to see a specialist before hair transplantation if the hair is easily released despite the lightly applied force.
You May Also Like: The Effect of Alcohol and Smoking on Hair Transplantation
Can Hair Transplantation Be Performed with Unhealthy Hair Follicles?
In hair transplantation, it is essential to transplant healthy and strong grafts. If unhealthy or weak hair follicles are transplanted, the desired results may not be achieved. Because, the hair, which is already unhealthy and weak, will fall into an even more difficult situation after being removed and will die before it is fully seated in its new place. This is inevitable and is nothing but hair loss intentionally. So, can people with unhealthy hair have hair transplantation?
You have decided to have hair transplantation, but you are aware that your hair follicles are not healthy enough. In this case, you do not need to give up on hair transplantation. Before the unhealthy grafts die completely, you should quickly go to a hair transplantation centre that provides high-quality services in this field. Here, your hair and scalp are examined in detail using advanced devices and it is revealed that your hair is truly healthy or unhealthy.
If your hair follicles are found to be unhealthy after the researches made, PRP treatment can be applied here to eliminate the problem. Thus, your hair follicles are made healthy. After this procedure is completed, hair transplantation is started and the grafts which are made healthy are transferred to the non-hair areas. Thus, the procedure is performed successfully, and you can achieve the hair you have always dreamed of.
If you have any questions about this issue, you can ask your questions to our hair transplantation specialists by filling out our online consultation form.