Pregnancy lasts 40 weeks and within this period, there occurs various changes in the body. The most common ones are enlargement in the abdominal area and breasts. Considering the weights gained and other changes, it can be said that the period causes defects in the body. Therefore, majority of women need aesthetic surgeries after pregnancy. It is known that some of these operations are more frequently preferred.
After pregnancy, it is quite difficult for the body to go back to its previous form through natural ways. Therefore, the shortest solution is the aesthetic surgeries. Today, the number of surgeries done because of this reason is quite many. In the following, you will find information about the most preferred surgeries.
Do you want to restore your body after pregnancy? Here is the list of the most suitable aesthetic surgeries.
Table of Contents
Liposuction is a method developed for reshaping of areas such as thigh, hip, abdomen, neck and face. The logic of this process is to take out the fat in the desired area by liquefying it. In liposuction, cannulas, which are hollow and thin tubes, are used. Fat is extracted from these cannulas by the help of aspirator. It is an effective method in eliminating the persistent regional fat after pregnancy. The stages of liposuction treatment are as follows:
Liposuction, which may be under local or general anesthesia, takes 1-3 hours depending on the process to be done. Recovery period is 2 weeks and the patients can go back to their work only after a week.
Types of Liposuction
Liposuction procedure has different types. These are:
- Liquid Injection: It is the most widely used method. In this method, saline, lidocaine and epinephrine are injected into the area where the fat is to be removed. The fat absorption becomes easier thanks to these substances.
- Laser Assisted: A suitable laser is utilized to liquefy fat. In this way, it is easier to remove the fat.
- Water-jet Assisted: It is a method done with pressurized saline.
- Ultrasound Assisted: It is a method where sound waves are used to break down and liquefy fat.
Afore-mentioned methods are preferred considering the condition of the individual. In this way, the results obtained are more effective. The first step in liposuction, which is also preferred by foreign celebrities, is to anesthetize the patient. After the anesthesia, as per the plan made earlier, incisions with the size of 6-8 mm are formed in the area where the fat will be removed. Cannulas are placed in these incisions and fats are broken down and liquefied with the above mentioned methods. Next, these fats are pulled out with aspirator. Finally, it is sutured and procedure is completed.
2. Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy is the area where the negative effect of pregnancy is most clearly seen. Mothers who carry their babies for 9 months have an expansion on their tummy skin. Therefore, in order to correct this situation, Tummy Tuck surgery has been developed. It is an operation done according to a simple principle where the excess fat and skin are removed in the abdominal area.
Also known as abdominoplasty, the operation lasts for an average of 2-4 hours. Patients can go back to their work after about 2 weeks. 6 weeks are needed for them to return to their normal lives completely.
Tummy Tuck procedure, is planned considering the general condition of the patient. In the said procedure, generally an incision is made in the upper region of the groin. This incision expands from the groin to the hip. The incision may be bigger or smaller depending on the situation. After the incision is made, excess fat and skin are removed and it is closed. Again according to the process, the location of the belly button may be changed. The stages of the Tummy Tuck surgery are as follows.
Types of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy Tuck procedure has different types within itself. These and related information is generally as follows:
- Full: It is applied to people who have excessive fat and skin in their lower abdomen. It is carried out under general anesthesia and it is considered to be the most extensive option.
- Miniature: As the name suggests, it is a mini procedure. In this surgery, the incisions are smaller and the recovery period is much shorter.
- Expanded: This is also a quite extensive procedure. Fat extraction is not only done from the lower abdomen but also from the lateral areas. In some cases, liposuction is also used together with this application.
- Belt Lipectomy: It is a process for fat and skin along the belt line. At the same time, the hip may also be strengthened thanks to this procedure. Fat removed from the abdomen area is injected to the hip, thus the hip is re-shaped.
The required information about Tummy Tuck procedure is as such in general terms. The big size of the incisions may cause apparent scars in some cases. However, specialist surgeons will do everything to hide these scars.
3. Breast Lifting Surgery
Milk glands in breasts develop in pregnancy and the breasts are filled up with milk. Thus, the breasts become heavier and this situation may cause sagging. It is a common situation for women to have sagging in their breasts at the end of their pregnancy and breast feeding. Breast Lifting surgery has been developed exactly for this problem. Women, who have sagging in their breasts for different reasons, often prefer this procedure.
Breast lifting procedure only makes the breasts more upright. Therefore, this procedure should not be confused with breast enlargement. Only the excess skin and fat tissue are removed in the operation, thus it is made sure that the breasts have a more upright appearance.
Breast lifting or otherwise known as mastopexi lasts on average 2-3 hours. Patients can go back to their work after a week. Return to normal life completely is 2 weeks later. Things that must be known about Breast Lifting Surgery are as such.
Types of Breast Lifting
The procedure, which is done under general anesthesia, has different types within itself. These are:
- Vertical (Lollipop) Technique: It is carried out with an incision formed from the areola descending down vertically. The formed incision looks like a lollipop, that’s why it is given this name. The areola is repositioned and implant may be used depending on the situation.
- Reverse T Technique: The incision which descends down from the areola then proceeds along both sides of the breast. The incision is in the shape of reverse T.
- Donut (Periareolar) Technique: It stands out as the method which leaves fewer scars.
Considering the patient’s condition, the surgeon decides which method to be used in breast lifting procedure. These methods are preferred by looking at the amount of skin and fat to be removed from the patient and the area where they are located. At the last phase of the operation, a tube may be attached to drain the liquid in the breast. These tubes are removed after a certain time.
In breast lifting procedure, the sagging breasts become more upright. This situation may cause a perception that there has been a reduction in the general appearance of the breasts. In the end, sagging objects seem larger. Therefore, considering the final size of your breasts, you may think of combining this operation with breast enlargement surgery. You just need to talk with your doctor about it.