Composite resin veneers are an important procedure developed to overcome functional and visual problems concerning teeth. It is preferred by people popularly. How are composite resin veneers applied? What are the advantages and cost? Who are suitable candidates? All details can be found in our article.
Table of Contents
What Are Composite Resin Veneers?
Dental veneers can be defined like thin shells glued onto the outer surfaces of teeth. These veneers provide permanent solution for different dental problems, mainly color and shape defects. It has different types but two of them are one step forward: Porcelain and composite resin veneers.
- As it may be guessed, composite veneers are produced from resin and they are easy to shape. Thus, it can be prepared by your dentist even during your clinical examination.
- On the other hand, porcelain veneers are, as the name suggests, made of porcelain. Being tough and durable, these veneers are produced dedicatedly in laboratories.
Composite dental veneers overcome shape related, visual and functional defects in teeth effectively. In addition, it provides a perfect smile to people. This way, it should be noted that composite veneers have positive effects on psychology and self-confidence as well.
How Is The Procedure Applied?
When it is about the way how composite veneers are applied, there are two different methods. These are direct and indirect veneers. Firstly, let’s have a look at how direct composite veneers are applied.
- As the first thing in direct composite resin veneer procedure, dental cleaning is done.
- Then, suitable color is selected.
- At this point, depending on teeth structure, it may be necessary to abrade some tooth enamel.
- After teeth are prepared this way, composite resin veneers are placed onto teeth by using a special bonding material and then they are shaped.
- After all checks are done, veneer is hardened with a special light. Then, the process is completed.
Indirect veneers, on the other hand, are produced at an external location. To apply these, abrading some tooth enamel may be again necessary. Later, with bonding material, veneers are placed on teeth. Extra parts are then cut and again by using a special light, hardening and complete bonding are ensured.
During this procedure, patients are not anesthetized and don’t feel any pain. Some discomfort may be experienced during tooth enamel abrasion but this takes short time and it is mild.
You May Also Like: 6 Effective Suggestions for Your Dental Health
Who Are Suitable?
Composite veneer procedure was developed for people with teeth color, shape and dimension defects. It is used to correct skew, formless, discolored and stained teeth. In this procedure, thin shells of veneer are bonded onto the front sides of teeth. Therefore, there is no interaction with middle and rear parts of teeth. In other words, for teeth that have too much defect or important problem should be better treated with more comprehensive treatments.
Composite Resin Veneers: Advantages and Disadvantages
Composite resin veneers have an important place when it is about dental treatment. This procedure has its own advantages and positive effects over life quality. Yet, it should be noted that it also has negatives. Advantages are given below:
- Procedure is affordable.
- Preparation and application take short time. It enables you to save time.
- It overcomes many dental problem and makes teeth look much better aesthetically.
- For the application, serious level of abrasion is not necessary. This way, the procedure is reversible.
- If it is damaged, it can be repaired by contouring.
The disadvantages of composite veneers are as follows:
- Durability of these veneers made by resin is much lower than porcelain veneers.
- Lifetime is around 4-8 years.
- They can be stained in time if too much tea or coffee is consumed.
Are Composite Resin Veneers Results Permanent?
Composite resin veneers can be used for 4 to 8 years. After this period, they should be renewed. By paying attention to dental care, this period can be extended.
- Brush your teeth regularly with a non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Don’t chew hard food with your front teeth.
- Don’t consume too much tea and coffee.
When you pay attention to these, lifetime of composite resin veneers would be much longer.
Risks and Potential Complications
Composite veneer procedure has some side effect and complication risks. But the possibilities of these are too low. They can be listed as below:
- Causing damage on teeth during dental abrasion.
- Allergic reactions around gingiva or similar complications.
- Veneer fraction.
- Color tone difference between veneers and natural teeth.
When the above-mentioned risks and complications are considered, it can be said that these are simple and fixable. By preferring an expert dentist and good clinic, you can prevent these risks.
After composite veneer, people can continue living their daily lives. At first, some dental sensitivity can be observed but this goes away in time. After this stage, dental care should be paid attention. Quality oral care, regular tooth brushing and use of dental floss extend composite resin veneers’ durability.
You May Also Like: Top 5 Cities for Dental Care | Discover the Best One
Composite resin veneering is a procedure that increases life quality. It costs less than porcelain veneers. However, cost per tooth can change between 250$ and 1.400$ in countries like USA and England. Hence, when you consider that more than one tooth will be treated, total cost would be really high.
Composite Resin Veneers In Turkey
Composite resin veneering operation is successfully applied in Turkey. Turkish dentists expert in their fields provide high success rate with their applications. On top of that, costs are 50-70% lower than EU and USA. Therefore, people from different parts of the world come to Turkey for the treatment.
Different services are included in treatment cost in Turkey, like:
- Accommodation at a 4-5 star hotel
- Welcoming at the airport
- All VIP transfers between hotel/clinic/airport
- Necessary medical tests
- Nursing services
- All consultations before and after the treatment
- Personal translator
- All medicines and medical materials
- All supplementary health care after the operation
When all these are considered together, we can say that you should evaluate Turkey as the place for you to have composite resin veneer so that you can have perfect smile.
You Can Have A Look At All Details Regarding Dental Veneer İn Turkey On This Page.