Going for a hair transplant is a bold decision, especially if you are a celebrity. Over the years, celebrities have embraced hair transplant procedures for a younger look and fuller heads of hair. A good number of celebrities have experienced satisfying results with their hair transplant procedures. Wayne Rooney is among the most prominent youthful footballers to have had a successful hair operation after experiencing baldness in his mid-20’s. Here is the detailed version of Jamie Laing hair transplant procedure and results.
Perhaps there is a correlation between soccer and baldness going by the number of soccer stars that began their careers with full heads and retired bald. This is despite the fact that footballers’ average age of retirement is 35 years-reasonably young by normal standards.
Most recently, Jamie Laing, who stars in the reality TV show Made in Chelsea, made the headlines with news of his transformation. The blonde-haired celebrity was keen to look youthful again and match up to his younger girlfriend’s looks. His treatment set him back a tidy sum of € 5000 and took about eight hours to complete.
What Jamie’s Hair Transplant Procedure Involves?
Jamie Laing’s hair transplant surgeon operated on his scalp using the Follicular Unit Excision (FUE) method, which is done under local anesthesia. The procedure takes place in the following steps:
- Assessment of hair-The surgeon assesses your scalp to determine your eligibility for the procedure
- Marking the hairline-An outline of the hairline is marked to guide the hair fixing process.
- Numbing the area- The operating doctor applies a local anesthetic agent to ensure that the patient does not experience pain during the procedure.
- Removal of hair follicles-Hair follicles for the transplanting procedure are stripped from the donor area.
- Treatment of stripped follicles-Stripped follicles is treated in a special fluid to maintain their quality before transplanting.
- Transplanting hair follicles-Hair follicles are finally fixed into the bald recipient area.
- Disinfection of the scalp-The operated areas of the scalp are disinfected to prevent bacterial infections.
- After Care Procedures-These procedures include follow up visits with your surgeon and prescribed medicine to allow quick recovery.
Advantages of an FUE Hair transplant
An FUE hair transplant offers a myriad of benefits including;
- Leaves no visible scars even with short hair
- The process produces natural results for those looking to hide their cosmetic procedures
- The donor part of the scalp heals quickly without any scarring
- Treatment is painless as local anesthesia is injected into the scalp, making the process an outpatient procedure
- Use of micro tolls during the procedure ensures quick recovery of the patient
Precautions to Ensure a Successful FUE Hair procedure
Jamie Laing hair transplant success has inspired many individuals battling baldness to give the procedure a try. To ensure that the procedure is successful, here a few guidelines to follow before the hair transplant
- Avoid smoking and drinking two weeks prior and two weeks after the procedure. Both activities slow down the healing process.
- Take your blood pressure and heart medication as prescribed by your doctor, even on the day of the surgery.
- Inform your doctor of any blood thinning medication you are taking. Blood thinners make blood clotting difficult, which can lead to excessive bleeding.
- Avoid taking B Vitamins at least one week before the hair transplant as they can worsen bleeding.
- Anti-inflammatory medication should be avoided for a week before the hair transplant procedure.
- Avoid hair chemicals like dyes and strong shampoos before recovery to prevent irritation.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks like coffee on the day of the procedure as caffeine can cause a blood pressure spike.
Qualifying for an FUE Hair Transplant
While a hair transplant operation is a simple procedure, some factors help a hair transplant candidate stand better chances of benefitting from the procedure. They include:
- An abundance of suitable spots for hair follicle removal
- Trauma or burn-induced hair loss
- Excellent health with no underlying medical conditions
- Diagnosis with a medical condition inhibiting hair growth
- Above 25 years of age with baldness problems
- Medical hair loss treatments have failed to work for you
FUE hair transplants have registered success and are currently the leading hair loss solution. The results are also permanent, ensuring that you get value for your money. To experience Jamie Laing’s hair replacement success, take the risk and find an experienced surgeon for the best results.