Vampire facelift is one of the most effective methods to remove facial wrinkles and deformations due to aging and similar effects. This procedure is slightly different from traditional and surgical methods. It has been a popular choice recently since it is a non-surgical application and gives effective results. You can find all the details you wonder about this procedure in the rest of our article.
What is Vampire Facelift?
Nowadays, different researches are carried out about skincare. According to the results obtained from these studies, it has been understood that the most effective regenerative and therapeutic factors are actually found in an individual’s own blood. Obtaining fibroblast culture from skin, stem cells from fat and PRP from blood are the best examples of this situation. These examples have become the most effective methods used in aesthetic treatments. Vampire facelift procedure has also been developed based on this principle.
Vampire facelift is known as a non-surgical facelift. In this procedure, PRP obtained from a patient’s own blood is used to eliminate aging effects.
- In the procedure, as the first step, patient’s blood is taken and a centrifuge process is applied to the blood sample. Thus, thrombocytes in blood are separated from other parts.
- An enriched plasma is obtained from thrombocytes and with this plasma, hyaluronic acid is applied to the relevant parts of patient’s face.
- With PRP application, collagen production is stimulated and circulation is increased. Thus, patient’s face is lifted, dullness of patient’s face decreases and pinkness increases.
* You can get more detailed information about PRP by clicking here.
What Does Vampire Facelift Do?
Vampire facelift is very different from classical procedures and provides miscellaneous effects. The benefits provided by this procedure can generally be summarized as below.
Provides Firmer Skin
Firmer face is directly related to the amount of collagen under an individual’s skin. Sagging occurs due to aging. However, this does not always cause wrinkles and lines. However, due to the fact that skin gets thinner over time, wrinkles and lines will occur inevitably. So, increase in collagen that occurs with a vampire facelift provides you firmer and fuller skin.
Increases Collagen Production
Human body produces collagen due to its own structure. However, from the age of 25, a significant decrease occurs in the rate of this production. If no precaution is taken at this point, collagen production rate constantly decreases and eventually, skin deterioration occurs. Wrinkles and facial lines may occur as a natural result of these deteriorations. Vampire facelift procedure is one of the most effective solutions to such problems.
With this procedure, your collagen production is stimulated and accelerated over time. After a while, after the production rate increases, a significant improvement will occur in your skin quality.
Minor traumas are generated on skin to accelerate collagen production. With microneedles used in this procedure, these traumas are created and PRP injection is made. Thus, reciprocal collagen production is stimulated.
Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Wrinkles and fine lines are among the most important reasons for those who want to have a vampire facelift. These problems that arise due to aging are significantly resolved with PRP-focused treatment. Therefore, it is ensured that patients will have a younger appearance.
With this treatment, collagen and elastin production is increased. These mentioned substances accelerate old skin cell regeneration. Subcutaneous filling is made by injection, thus wrinkles and fine lines disappear over time and become less visible.
Stronger skin ensures more effective protection from external irritants. With this procedure, skin becomes more open to moisturizers and a significant increase occurs in skin’s moisture level.
How to Prepare for Vampire Facelift?
Preliminary preparations have great importance for the success of vampire facelift procedure. At this point, you will be given a list of what you need to do by your doctor before treatment. Here are some general things to do and avoid:
- You should be careful to consume plenty of water in the days before your treatment.
- When there is short time left before the treatment, avoid direct sun exposure. At other times, do not sunbathe without using sunscreen.
- You should come to the treatment with a clean face. Therefore, you should not use moisturizers and similar products before the treatment.
- After the treatment, you should come to the clinic with a companion so that he/she can take you home.
How Is Vampire Face Lift Applied?
Vampire facelift is a procedure that has its own stages in itself. These stages are generally as follows:
- The area to be treated should be thoroughly clean. Therefore, your face will be cleansed first.
- Relevant areas are disinfected by your doctor.
- When your face is prepared for treatment, it is ensured to be numbed with local anesthetic cream.
- 15-20cc of blood taken from your arm is centrifuged and PRP is prepared.
- Depending on the general condition of your face, filler material can be injected into areas with deep wrinkles.
- PRP is injected into different parts of your face with microneedles.
- By opening microchannels on your skin, it is ensured that PRP is absorbed.
* Application of vampire facelift procedure is generally like this. However, depending conditions, there may be slight differences in application among patients.
Vampire facelift is a suitable procedure for almost everyone. However, in some cases, this procedure may not be suitable. This procedure is not applied in cases listed below.
- Those who have problems such as rosacea and facial eczema
- Those who undergone radiotherapy within the last 1 year
- Those whose wounds are difficult to heal
- Those who used recently (or continue to use) Accutane for acne treatment
- Those who have acne problems or those who have new scars
If one or more of the above situations is/are valid for you, it will not be suitable for you to receive this treatment. However, do not forget that you need to talk to your doctor for the most accurate answer.
Are There Any Side Effects or Risks?
Side effects of vampire facelift procedure are few and temporary. Side effects seen after treatment are generally as follows:
- Slight burning
If necessary to emphasize it again, the side effects here will recover by themselves in a short time. There is a similar situation when the risks are evaluated. As stated above, a patient’s own blood is used for treatment. Therefore, there is no situation like an allergic reaction or patient’s body does not recognize the injected substance as a foreign substance and does not fight with it.
You May Also Like: Follow These Steps for a More Natural Skin After Facelift
The day after vampire facelift procedure, you can return to your daily life. At this point, there are not too many matters to pay attention to. However, after the procedure, there may be redness and bruises on your face. These are normal and will recover over time. In order for these to heal, you should not apply too much product to your face and should not go beyond the advices and instructions of your doctor.
For skincare after the treatment, it is sufficient to clean and moisturize your face once a day. If you are very uncomfortable with the redness on your face, you can use powder or foundation to cover it if your doctor approves this.
You should never apply products and cleansers that contain alcohol to your face before your recovery process is completed. In addition, when you are going to be exposed to the sun, you should choose protection which is at least SPF 30.
Two other things you should avoid during recovery are to sweat and to increase your skin temperature. You should therefore take a break from running and similar activities for a while. Exercises can irritate your skin by making you sweat and also increase injury and swelling risks. You can start gentle exercises if your doctor approves 72 hours after the treatment.
When Are The Effects Seen?
Immediately after the procedure, you will start to feel tightness on your face. Although you like this situation, main effects begin to be seen within 2-6 months. You will also notice the fullness right after the procedure. PRP-induced smoothness and brightness begin to be realized within 2-3 weeks.
Are the Results of the Vampire Facelift Procedure Permanent?
Unfortunately, the effects of vampire facelift procedure are not permanent. Depending on your body structure and the way you take care of your skin, permanence period may vary. However, on average, it can be stated that this application is permanent for 12-18 months.