Those who have lost their hair are highly affected by the change in their general appearance. A number of negative effects such as loss of self-confidence or psychological problems can occur. There are different ways to solve them, and people prefer the methods that are appropriate for them. It can be said that micro pigmentation and hair transplantation methods are among the highly preferred methods to overcome this problem. These methods in question have their own differences, advantages and disadvantages.
In this article, we will examine the differences between micro pigmentation and hair transplantation. Decide which method is appropriate for you!
Table of Contents
What is Micro Pigmentation?
Micro pigmentation can be described as the procedure in which coloring agent is injected into the scalp by using micro-needles. This process uses a device that shoots at a constant depth, and the coloring pigments that are sent to the surface of the epidermis with this device imitate the hair follicles. In other words, micro pigmentation can also be called as a make-up or tattoo on the scalp. At the end of this process, hair follicles are clearly visible on the scalp and it cannot be noticed that people do not have hair.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Micro Pigmentation
The advantages of the micro pigmentation method are:
- The lack of a surgical procedure lovers the risk of infection.
- This process is completed in a short time and people get new styles. A total of 3 sessions are performed and each session lasts for an average of 2-3 hours. At the end of the first session, the hair roots begin to be noticed.
- It is possible to cover or hide some marks on the head with this method.
These are the advantages of the micro pigmentation method. This method also has some shortcomings. These are as follows:
- If you choose this method, you will need to use the same hairstyle. If you want to use a different style, it must be removed by using the laser treatment.
- In order to avoid damage to the color pigments injected into the scalp, patients should keep away from the sun and they should constantly use high-factor sun cream.
- If the patient has his / her own natural hair and the procedure is applied to the areas without hair, the hair should be shaved every 2-3 days and match with the image created.
- This procedure is not permanent and should be repeated within 3-5 years.
- Since the process is just an image, the hair does not grow and take shape.
You May Also Like: Checklist That You Should Have a Look at Before Hair Transplantation
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation is the name given to the process of transferring the hair strands taken from the nape region behind the head to the areas without hair. Different techniques have been developed for this process. Among these, FUE and DHI hair transplantation methods are more preferred as they give successful results and their disadvantages are very low.
In the hair transplant operation, the hair is taken together with their roots and transferred to the areas without hair. Thanks to this process performed individually, there is no formation of any scar in the area where the hair is taken. The results of this procedure, which may take one or two sessions depending on the number of hairs to be transplanted, begin to be seen after the scalp recovers itself. This will take a while. Today, hair transplantation method is widely preferred by people and can be said to be the most important solution to baldness. There are many reasons for choosing DHI hair transplantation.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Hair Transplantation
Hair transplantation has several advantages and disadvantages. First, let’s talk about the advantages of this process. These advantages can be listed as follows:
- If there is an appropriate amount of donor hair, it is a definite solution to baldness.
- It may be necessary to wait for 6 months to fully get the results of hair transplantation, but the results are permanent.
- The fact that the transplanted hair belongs to the person himself, ensures the protection of the natural structure of the hair.
- If the hair transplantation is successful, there will be no difference between the transplanted hair and the natural hair, and it is absolutely not noticed that the transplanter used to be bald or had hair transplanted.
- If the physician who will perform the procedure is an expert and the clinic where the procedure will be performed is of high quality, there will be no scar formation on the scalp.
- Even if hair transplantation is a surgical procedure, it is generally painless and patients can return to their daily lives after a short rest.
These are the advantages of hair transplantation. However, to get these advantages, the physician performing the procedure should have enough experience and the clinic where the procedure is performed should possess the necessary equipment. Thus, the advantages will be benefitted effectively.
The disadvantages of this process are:
- Some patients do not have enough donor hair, and sparse transplantation or body hair can be used.
- As it is a surgical procedure, it has a small number of risks (Infection, bleeding, etc.) as in all surgical operations.
- It is a little more expensive process than micro pigmentation.
You May Also Like: 10 Great Hair Transplantation Examples with Before & After Photos
Micro pigmentation method provides a temporary and monotype solution. If you expect a shaved-looking hair and want to use this model continuously, this method may be suitable for you. However, since this method remains constant, it should be kept in mind that natural hair should be continuously scraped and adapted to the overall appearance. At the same time, the procedure should be repeated after 3-5 years.
When the advantages mentioned above are considered together, it is seen that both methods have some pros and cons. However, it is clearly seen that hair transplantation becomes more prominent when a permanent solution is desired. This method, which has been applied for a long time, is constantly being developed and perfected according to the feedbacks given by the patients and the needs of people. Therefore, it can be said that hair transplantation is more suitable for those who want a permanent solution.