There is no need to worry if you have lost your hair because of different reasons. With the hair transplantation developed for you, you can get your natural hair back. Thanks to this treatment method which provides permanent solution, your hair will grow bushy as in the past. However, there are many factors to be considered for hair transplantation to be successful. Unfortunately, if these aren’t considered, it is possible to have a result with a big disappointment.
The factors to consider in hair transplantation can be categorized in itself. While the first one of these categories is about the period before the hair transplantation surgery, the other one is about the postoperative period. What are the things to consider before and after the surgery in order for hair transplantation to be successful? We have gathered all the details for you.
Pay attention to these before and after Hair Transplantation
Do’s Before Hair Transplantation
The process before hair transplantation is an important process. At this stage, consultation and other necessary preparations specific to hair transplantation are carried out. Although hair transplantation does not resemble to other surgeries, it should not be forgotten that this procedure is also a surgical procedure. Therefore, preoperative period should be given necessary importance. Things that should be done before hair transplantation are as follows:
- Wash your hair carefully in the evening and in the morning before the surgery. Use the shampoo recommended by your doctor for washing.
- Choose comfy clothes so that you can get undressed much more easily after the surgery. As your hair will be newly transplanted, your clothes should not make any pressure on your head.
- You should arrive at the clinic using the right way and without tiring yourself.
- If you are diabetic, ask your doctor how to take insulin before the surgery. You should also consult about your diet. If you have any other chronic disorder similar to diabetes, you should definitely talk about it with your doctor as well.
You May Also Like: Can Diabetes Patients Get Hair Transplantation?
Don’ts Before Hair Transplantation
Things that shouldn’t be done before the hair transplantation can be listed as follows:
- Don’t use any aspirin or similar anti-inflammatory pills 7 days prior to the surgery.
- Do not drink coffee before or on the surgery day.
- Don’t cut your hair completely. Leave the sides long to cover the temporary scars after the surgery.
- Do not use any medication before the surgery without consulting your surgeon.
- Don’t smoke 3 days or fewer days before the surgery. Cigarette slows down the blood flow rate and this decreases the success of the procedure.
- Don’t use multivitamins, alcohol and food supplements.
Do’s After Hair Transplantation
The process after hair transplantation is also very important. Hair follicles are extremely sensitive as they are newly planted. A small mistake at this stage may cause damage to the hair follicles. Things to do after hair transplantation are as follows:
- Leave the number of the clinic at a certain place. In this way, in case of an unexpected situation, you or your relatives can reach to your doctor quickly.
- For post-operative period, make sure you act according to all the instructions your doctor gives.
- In recovery process, try to keep your scalp as hygienic as possible. You may have pain or itching at this stage. Don’t do any applications not instructed by your doctor. For example, do not do things like putting ice on your scalp without asking your doctor. You can put ice on your forehead or on areas not hair planted.
- There will be swelling and pain in your scalp after the surgery. To avoid these, take the medication given by your doctor regularly. In addition, pay attention to the instructions he gives about them.
- As your scalp will be sensitive for a while, take some time off from your work.
- Sleeping position after hair transplantation is also very important. Lie half upright. Keep your head as straight as possible and never bend down. In this way, you allow the swelling on your head disappear much more quickly.
- Make sure your hair and your scalp stay dry on the first day.
- After one or two days after the procedure, go to your clinic for a check. Your first hair wash will be done there.
- After your hair is washed at the clinic, wash your hair regularly every day as per the instructions of your doctor. Thus, the blood stains and dead skin on your scalp will be cleaned. Having a clean and breathing scalp will influence the recovery process positively.
You May Also Like: Procedures to Be Performed at the Clinic after Hair Transplantation
Don’ts After Hair Transplantation
Things that shouldn’t be done after hair transplantation are as follows:
- Don’t get exposed to sunlight right after the hair transplantation. If it is possible, don’t even go out. However, if you need to go out, try to protect your hair follicles without damaging them.
- Don’t smoke or use alcohol for the first 5 days after the surgery. These directly affect the blood flow rate. This in return prolongs the recovery process. It may even cause some grafts to die.
- There may be a situation like tingling, itching or pain in your scalp. Even so, don’t touch your scalp. Otherwise, there may be serious problems.
- Don’t do any exercise for the first 7 days after the surgery. Don’t lift heavy weight and don’t push yourself. At the end of 10 days, you may start light exercises. Stay away from sports with physical contact for the first one month.
- Avoid any activities that will make you sweat. Sweating increases the risk of infection and similar diseases on your scalp. Try not to sweat too much in the first one month.
If you pay attention to these factors mentioned here, it can be said that the results of the hair transplantation procedure will be much more successful.