Recently, getting hair transplantation abroad has become so popular. One of the fundamental reasons for that is the lower costs of the options abroad. For example, when countries like the USA and England are compared to some other countries one step ahead regarding hair transplantation, it can be seen that there is a cost difference up to 70%. Moreover, hair transplantation experts in such countries have top level expertise and experience. When all these are considered, it can be found out that hair transplantation abroad is a reasonable option.
Then, what are the things to know and the steps to take in order to make hair transplantation abroad easier?
1. Decision Phase
The first phase of arranging hair transplantation abroad is planning and research. It is very important to make research about how treatment process is and popular destinations for hair transplantation. This way, you can lower the risk of encountering different kinds of surprises. The things to do during decision phase can be classified as below:
a) Make A Research on Treatment Methods
There are different techniques for hair transplantation like DHI and FUE. A small research that you would make at this point will provide information to you. So, you will be able to determine which one is suitable for you and will meet your requirements fully.
b) Get Information About Popular Hair Transplant Centers
There are different destinations where you can get hair transplantation abroad. Yet, you should know that some of them are more popular. For instance, Turkey is one of the most important centers regarding hair transplantation. At first class clinics like COSMETICIUM, hair transplantation is done by expert surgeons. Furthermore, the procedure costs around 1.700€ and 2.000€ on average. When the fact that it costs around 7.000€ and 10.000€ in countries like the USA and England is considered, the importance of making research on popular destinations will be found out.
c) Check Visa Requirements
You need to know if the country you prefer requires visa and if so, what the conditions are. Moreover, in case different documents are required for your travel, you should get information about them as well.
d) Time Planning
While arranging hair transplantation abroad, time is crucial. Generally, it can be said that such a procedure is completed within 5-7 days, including travelling time. You should take some days off from your work accordingly.
You May Also Like: Hair Transplantation Price Comparison: Turkey vs. England
2. Preparation Phase
If you decided to go to abroad for hair transplantation, you can start packing your baggage. For this, there are some important points to pay attention. These can be listed as below:
a) Official Documents
You need to have your documents like passport and ID card required for your travel with you. Except these, ensure that you have other necessary documents with you.
Ensure that you have your tickets.
c) Medical History
Don’t forget that before hair transplantation, doctors will evaluate your general health condition. At this point, your doctors may request information about your medical history as well. Having a small file folder that includes information about the surgeries you had in the past, medicines you use regularly and similar information would make it easier for you.
d) City Guides and Emergency Numbers
It will make everything easier for you to know about the city you will go to. For this, you can benefit from city guides. Also, emergency numbers may be different in the country you will go to. Don’t forget to have a list of emergency numbers there.
You May Also Like: Why is Hair Transplantation Cheaper in Turkey?
3. Things Not To Do Before Hair Transplant
There are some things not to do before hair transplant. In case any of these are done, hair transplant procedure may be postponed. Experiencing such postponement in a different country will definitely have negative effects for you. Therefore, before hair transplant, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Stop getting your hair cut at least 1-2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop using any medicine, lotion and shampoo against hair loss at least two weeks prior to hair transplantation abroad.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol at least 1 week prior to the surgery, or at least take a break.
- At least 3 days prior to the surgery, stop using blood thinning medicines or medicines that contain vitamin E.
- During this period, don’t consume caffeinated beverages like coffee.
4. Step By Step Hair Transplantation Abroad Planning
- When you reach your destination in order to have hair transplantation abroad, there should be an assigned person or VIP vehicle waiting for you at the airport.
- This vehicle that will pick you up at the airport will take you to the hotel you will stay at.
- Depending on your arrival time, the same staff will take you to the clinic and your first medical examination will be performed.
- After this point, you will be taken to your hotel again and spend the remaining part of the day resting.
- Next day, hair transplantation will be done at the clinic and you will be kept at the clinic under control for a while.
- During the following days, necessary controls will be done and when your doctors decide that everything is going well, you will be able to return to your home country.
You May Also Like: Why Is Turkey the Best Place to Have a Hair Transplant?
5. What Should I Do If I Have Questions When I Am Back Home?
In Turkey and similar countries, online consultation service is provided after hair transplant procedures for patients’ questions. In case you have any question after the procedure, you can be sure that it will be answered by your doctor online. Additionally, necessary visual checks will also be done online. This way, hair transplantation abroad will be completed successfully.