There is a common mistake that plastic surgery operations are generally applied to women. In particular, tummy tuck is not a procedure which is only applied to women. This procedure is also used to shape abdominal region of men. Of course, it would not be wrong to say that the procedures that are applied to men have some differences. We have compiled the differences, phrases and advantages of male tummy tuck procedure for you. You will find all answers in our content.
What is The Male Tummy Tuck?
Men can shape their abdominal region as they desire with a strict diet and exercise program. However, some people, no matter how much they do exercise and diet, do not succeed in these attempts for different reasons. This situation may have many different reasons. This is where male tummy tuck gets involved and aims to shape abdominal region of men.
Male tummy tuck includes excess skin and tissue removal from abdominal region. Additionally, tightening loose muscles is another part of the procedure. In this way, abdominal region gains flatter and sharper appearance.
You May Also Like: Does Tummy Tuck Surgery Help You Form a Six-Pack Abs?
Why Is There a Difference Between Traditional and Male Tummy Tuck?
Traditional and male tummy tuck operations are basically done in the same way. However, at this point, different expectations lead to some differences in procedures. Women generally want to have a slim, smooth and flat stomach appearance. The surgery is performed according to these expectations. At this point, men want to have more masculine stomach appearance instead of a curvy look. These differences in demands and expectations can be expressed as the main reason for different procedures applied to women and men.
Male Tummy Tuck Phases
Male tummy tuck is a very comprehensive and complex surgery. It consists of a set of phases in itself. Successful implementations of these phrases have great importance when it is about to meet expectations. Male tummy tuck phases are as follows:
- First of all, it is determined whether you are a suitable candidate or not for the procedure. In addition, detailed information is given about the procedure so that you have realistic expectations.
- The operation is performed under general anesthesia.
- First of all, an incision is made across abdomen. The size of this incision may increase a little more depending on patient’s condition.
- If it is needed, an additional incision can be made around belly.
- Loose abdominal muscles are determined and these are tightened. Tightening abdominal muscles have great importance for better abdominal appearance.
- Skin is wrapped to reveal new muscle contour, and at this point excess skin is cut out.
- Finally, the incision is closed and a bandage is applied to the relevant area.
Tummy tuck phases are generally like this. Depending on the general condition and expectations of a patient, the degree of mentioned procedures here may slightly increase or decrease.
You May Also Like: Things You Need to Know About Tummy Tuck
The Advantages of Male Tummy Tuck
Tummy tuck is a procedure that largely affects general appearance of people. It clearly eliminates concerns of men about their abdominal appearance. In this perspective, tummy tuck procedure has many different advantages. These advantages can generally be listed as follows:
- It provides that the muscles, which are loose, become tighter.
- It cleans skin, which is unattractive and creates view defect.
- The procedure provides abdominal appearance to be remarkable.
- It affects your self-confidence positively as your abdominal region looks flatter and tighter.
- It contributes to the removal of cracks in abdominal region.
Male tummy tuck benefits are like this, however they may also differ according to patient’s conditions. It is not possible for everyone to have the same effect. For this, it is extremely important to meet with an expert surgeon and learn the benefits and results to be obtained. Thus, expectations will be brought to a realistic level.
For More Detailed Information About Male Tummy Tuck Procedure Check Out Our Treatment Page.