You should wait an average of 9-12 months to see the exact results at the end of hair transplantation. It is very important to be careful at the early times of this process. You should not have any interference with your scalp from outside until recovery is completed. It is also extremely important to keep your body healthy and strong. You should wait for your healing process to be completed to see your new hair. For all these reasons, the healing process should be overcome as quickly as possible and it should be in the right way. So, how does the healing process proceed after the hair transplantation? What should be done to get through this process faster?
The Healing Process after the Hair Transplantation
The healing process after hair transplantation consists of several stages. These stages and details about them are as follows:
The Disappearance of Swellings
A solution is injected into your scalp for hair transplantation. Also, very small micro incisions are formed for the grafts. Because of all these, there happens swelling on your scalp. This is an extremely normal and temporary situation. The first stage of the healing process is the disappearance of these.
- You should be careful not to bend your head forward immediately after the operation.
- Leaning your head back while lying down is another detail.
If you follow these and other instructions given by your doctor, the swelling will be extremely small. This will largely disappear within 1-2 days all by itself. However, if you do not follow the instructions, you may have to wait longer for the swelling to go away.
One of the important stages of the healing process is hair washing. Opened incisions crust as they heal. Hair should be washed to dissolve them and remove other foreign substances on the scalp. So the scalp begins to breathe, which helps speed up the healing process. Hair is washed after the swelling disappears. The first wash is done in the clinic 1-2 days after the operation. Other washes are done by the patient according to the doctor’s instructions.
The wounds formed during the operation heal completely within an average of 5 days. Skin eruption and rash may occur after the wounds heal. It takes 10 days for these to disappear completely.
Complete Disappearance of Crusts
The crusts that are formed due to cuts and wounds disappear in a short time. However, for this to happen, washing the hair is extremely important. After the first wash in the clinic, the doctor’s instructions should exactly be followed and the hair should be washed regularly. In this way, crusts completely recover after an average of 10-15 days.
You May Also Like: How Many Days After Hair Transplantation Can A Person Have Sexual Intercourse?
How Long Does the Healing Process Take?
The first periods after hair transplantation are extremely important. During this process, you should follow the instructions given by your doctor. If you follow these instructions, your scalp will be fully healed within an average of 7-10 days. There will be no crusting and scars on your scalp.
You should not expect to see definitive results at the end of the healing process. Time is needed for the grafts to settle and the hair strands to grow, although the scalp is completely healed. This period is approximately 9-12 months. Therefore, do not rush to see the exact results.
How Do I Heal Faster?
The things to be careful at to heal much faster after hair transplantation are:
- Do not allow the scalp to remain excessively wet or dry. Keeping this area moist ensures that healing is completed in a shorter time.
- Swelling occurring after hair transplantation can be kept to a minimum with simple measures to be taken. The most important precautions are to apply cold on the forehead and not to bend the head down.
- Do not exercise for 1-2 weeks after hair transplantation. In this way, swelling will be minimal and healing will be accelerated.
- If your doctor approves, take advantage of PRP treatment. Thus, the renewal and recovery process will be accelerated significantly.
- Ensure effective nourishment of hair grafts. You can achieve this with a medication known as minoxidil (doctor’s advice). You can also use other products recommended by your doctor.
Paying attention to the issues here does not only speed up the healing process. It also significantly increases hair transplantation success. Apart from this, there is another point to be considered. This is the choice of the clinic and the doctor. Choosing the clinic and doctor in hair transplantation directly affects the healing process and the success of the procedure.